Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dr. Convery

Today, I had a meeting with my (maybe!) thesis advisor. Nancy is certifiably insane, but also probably a genius. She has SO MANY BOOKS! I think its actually impossible that she's read them all, but they were impressive nonetheless.

Nancy has a spear in her bathroom. Taylor and I saw it.
 We had some awkward chatting where she spoke in some words I didn't understand. She is super excited that I like Africa (she'd probably love you even more, Rachael). Anyway, she is writing me a letter of rec for being an honors fellow, she wants to be my advisor, and she told me I should apply for more grant money this summer and hire my own research assistants. Also she thinks I should get a PhD in anthropology.
I'm pretty excited, maybe eventually I will pick a topic!
this is what I will look like after I become an anthropologist
Also, today I feel pretty sure I don't want to be a doctor, just to keep ART updated on my life plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment